Re: Funny little instrumental looping piece: for former or current Windows 98 / XP users

I don't think so. The filmed tracker screen just brought back these
memories of the mod movement. "Mod" stands for "module" and on the
early Amiga computers there was a sound chip that could manage three
(?) sound channels simultaneously - great for programming music - but
the cool community aspect was that the music playback data plus a
sample could all be packed into a very small file, called "module",
and shared online. So the mod file contained both the sounds and the
composition, which was much better than MIDI because MIDI files did
not contain the sound samples and thus could not guarantee the music
sounded as intended when played back by the listener. This happened at
the early web days when bandwidth was an issue :-)

Regarding fun Windows nostalgia there is also this Windows RG (*Really
Good* Edition):
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/winrg

I was once made target for a very funny joke: a friend dropped the
Windows RG flash file into my PC laptop's start-up objects folder.
With the flash set to full screen mode it really felt like having a
completely new and rubbish system when I booted up the laptop.

PEr