Roland PK-5, Ketron 9PEMK8, or else?

I'm going on tour in Sept with my group 3dCosby (our bandcamp) and we're now rocking as a duo. It's sweet and we have great chemistry as a duo (considering we've been friends since we're toddlers and playing music together for 20 years) BUT we're trying to figure out how to fill out the sound (aside from my looping), you know, bring in the low end smiles. Matt (my other half) plays drums and is using a Korg sampler, but  it's a bit cumbersome for him to be hitting little buttons while also playing crazy beats. We've talked with a friend about building some aesthetically enjoyable midi-triggers (e.g. into old action figures or pillows).

I was thinking it'd be cool to get a PedalKeyboard and do some simple basslines whilst guitaring around.

Here's the rub: I can't afford a super nice one.

Anyone have some experience with these? Recommendations? Anybody have an old one they're looking to sell? I'd potentially be interested in trading for other gear, too...

Thanks!
Dan