Re: Kemper Profilier Amp

Well, the Kemper lets you load third party profiles (and there is lots of them out there), so you do not need to ever do any profiling yourself. In theory you could also say 'I only need a Plexi, a Blues Deluxe, a Blackface Twin, and a Soldano SLO', find good profiles of these specific amps and play with only these.

That's what appeals to me with the Kemper - I don't like having too many options and spending half of my playing time programming, so the Kemper would allow me to pick the small array of amp tones I want without being too limited to what the manufacturer decided to offer. Plus I don't want to part with my stompbox ODs, Fuzzes, and delays anyways, so not having so many of these effects built in kind of works for me as well.

Whether I have £1000 to spend on one is a different question of course ;)

On 19 July 2012 07:56, Luis Angulo <louie.angulo@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:47 AM
Subject: Re: Kemper Profilier Amp

Bill i vote for you as next president!
no more phasers or choruses please give me a good Univibe instead!;-)
and for christ sake lets go on the street for a demonstration for them to stop trying to give us nylon string simulations,what a waste of DSP!!
ive been really happy without rack FX proccessors,just using my M9 as Effector and the Ethos OD which beats all those amps sims,im waiting for the Ethos 30 watt amp with FX loop pedal,now thats a brilliant portable idea!
also with my rock n roll trio im back using the Koch tube amp with it small 12 cabinet and have no desire at the moment to be tweaking hundreds of endless parameters and as you say Bill how many amp sims do you need live!
Thats the thing that demotivated my about watching the profiler,certainly an insteresting idea for studios but as a normal musician who are you going to go to to model their 1966 original amp???
the world has gotten so greedy that if you find somebody that has one hes gonna charge you more than what the kemper cost to let you model his amp;-)
cheers
Luis

oh I'd like those tape delays and those overdrives please, no thanks I don't need a phaser. And the programming architecture would be simple and strait forward. I'd like to see a show of hands of AXE FX users, how many of you when dialing in an overdrive find they are dialing in which diode, tube or FET will be used in that overdrive, or change the bias on their amp model, or mis match an 8"champ speaker with Bogner Uberschall amp? That kind of parameter overkill drives me to distraction, and believe me I've spent some hours tweaking. this is where products like this fall short for me.
So a profiling amp? hhhmmm is the plan to scour the country side to find cool amps that people will let you profile (hopefully in good working condition)?  PSSSST hey mister you got an AC15 I could spend a few minutes with?This product seems designed for a pretty narrow demographic.
I hope my sarcasm doesn't offend anyway, I'm a tube snob/brat what can I say?
Bill