Re: Request for advice on upgrade from Boss RC-20 particularly related to collaboration format/method

Tone schrieb:
However, the ability to "undo" a fail in an overdub has obvious appeal and, after reading dialogs in this group, am considering upgrading. As an "old dog", my first inclination
Although not part of your question:
the ability to "undo" as a creative tool has even more appeal than the ability to "undo" a fail (although this is not as obvious). Many of the artists exploiting the deep feature set of the EDP to the max make use of undo/redo, not only on normal overdubs, but on any kind of processing.
Incidentally, with respect to collaboration, sorry for the newbie question, but is there a (de facto) international standard format, method ? I'm reluctant to invest the time and energy to learn the ins and outs of a site like http://www.kompoz.com (much less future financial compensation) if I could just email files back and forth between myself and an artist with
Thanks for mentioning that site - hadn't heard of it before, but it looks interesting for incorporating version management. That being said: no, I don't know of a standard (or the other possible reply would be "ProTools" ;). That syncing issue with compressed audio they mention on Kompoz is new to me (the fact that we're talking audible length changes here).

         Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs