Re: OT - OTT - Audacity now with Paulstretch!

It's a timestretch effect (you can increase the duration of a sound
without changing the pitch).

This is kind of a difficult to hear sample, but on this episode of my
radio show:
http://ribosomematt.podomatic.com/player/web/2012-07-11T00_27_26-07_00
...I use PaulStretch at 0:34:23 on the chorus of "Buffalo Stance" by
Neneh Cherry, stretching out the chorus to about 2.5 minutes.

Of the timestretches I've heard, it's not my favorite. It sounds like
it adds reverb to the sounds, and they get a lot more dirty. It makes
things sound like a Tim Hecker record. (I like Tim Hecker quite a bit,
but I don't want to sound like him.)

Also, it doesn't have an interface for choosing the final duration.
Instead, you choose how many times the original length you want the
final length to be. (Selecting "2" will turn a 1 minute sample into a
2 minute sample.) So, if you're using it for something other than idle
playing around, you'll need to whip out a calculator. I do like that
it lets you choose the "windowing" setting (or something like that).
That loosely lets you choose how grainy you want the timestretch to
sound.

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com