Re: Hardware frustration - was Boomerang 3 midi sync

I took a look at the internal supply voltage of the Rang III and found it
was about 12VDC (RMS, didn't check the ripple) when using the supplied
adapter. So I think you would be safe with a 12VDC battery like those
found in UPS units. These are available in many capacities and form
factors and the prices are reasonable. They can be recharged but you'll
need to find a proper charger for the Ah rating you use. Also you need to
be sure the battery is not connected to audio ground or any other pedals
since an isolated supply is important. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this would
work and be reasonably cost effective.