short delays w/ vari-speed options?

you know what--i had put away my digitech DL8....so i got it back out and put it in my setup....
i never really used the analog or the tape options much.... usuallyi used the DL8 for  the 1 sec or 2 sec digital delay, record my little noises to it, warp/mangle it, if i need to
add stuff, i just put the feedback to less than 100%, add and continue....

but the analog and the tape are kind of fun to mangle stuff up w/
granted they are not long...i think they may be a sec or less...but they sort of allow you to do the "Tommy Bolin Tape Echoplex noises"
and i then just record them to my behringer tweakalizer...which i got back out....

in messing w/ the tape and analog delays in the DL8...i do sort of wish someone would put out a decent or better "delay-based looper"...
although i would say the pigtonix echolution is probably the best out there currently....granted it's a bit pricey, but it does decent 12 sec  of loops...

i sort of wish EH would take the 30 sec of looping the SMMH has and just make it a delay based looper, sort of like a hybrid 16ddl-updated....
guess i'm just wishing again....

i will say my new setup of zoom g3-trombetta minibone-digitech dl8-eh smmh-behringer tweakalizer-lexicon mx200....has been working fine...gives me lots of options for making my
noise fun....
s---