Re: Switching Echoloop VST Params Using Ableton Dummy Clips

On 28 Jul 2012, at 5:44 PM, Phil Clevenger wrote:

You are of course correct that the Echoloop is responding to Pgm Changes, but I could not see that - because the Preset Banks popup menu does not update to show the current preset when it's being switched remotely !  (prolly worth a bugfix?)

I wonder what menu you talk about… the one in the Live Echoloop GUI works here!
in Bidule, the one in the VSTGUI window works too.
could it be that you looked at Echoloops Setup menu? that serves for MIDI and such settings and is not related to Presets

Digging deeper for testing, i set up 16 distinct presets with Subcycle values of 1,2,3,4,5 etc... and sending Pgm Changes 0-15 via direct MIDI was in fact correctly updating params as stored in the presets for the VST.

So - halle-freaking-lujah, there is a way. What I *wanted* was a discrete control for each param I want to change or hit, but upon inventory it's clear the net of all those is under a dozen basic states for the VST. So, the preset change works and accomplishes that - and I get what I need.

Thanks Andy, Per, Matthias, and everyone else who has suffered through this thread with me :)

great that you are happy with your solution Phil!
but let me show the method I suggested and just tested:
- in Live's Echoloop thing (their, not our GUI) activate Configure
- in our Echoloop GUI, go to MIDI (on the left) and there to Learn (almost on the right) and select the parameter you want (Quantize, for example). this makes the parameter Quantize appear in the Live Echoloop thing
- top right you go to MIDI (which is like MIDI learn)
- select the Quantize or whatever parameter in Lives Echoloop thing
- send the MIDI command to Live
- switch off Live's top right MIDI and go to Local in the Echoloop GUI and verify that it works!