Re: New discovery on EDP!!!

Mark,

That would be very cool if you can!

Looks like I'm just going to be able to get to Helsinki for the
Conference and maybe shoot over to Tallinn to tour the National
Library. My audio/musical adventures are going to be limited to doing
as much field recording as I can (I'm bringing a TASCAM im2 that will
be attached to my iPhone) and then as much post-processing as possible
(hence my comment about trying your trick with Echoloop and the
iPad!).

Won't be able to bring much of any other gear with me (I'm enjoying
Tim M.' posts about traveling with a guitar! I think Per has the right
idea — just don't bring a guitar!) so the TASCAM and the shotgun mics
are staying at home.

REQUISITE LOOPING CONTENT: (aside from looking forward to Mark's audio
sample and trying his tip!) — I'm currently working with creating some
fairly massive MIDI delay lines in Plogue Bidule. "Massive" as in
multiple minutes of delay, then using a feedback loop to create
infinite ones. Using the Little MIDI Machine on the iPad2 to drive the
soft synths in Bidule (this morning I'm using the Arturia Mini-Moog
and Camel Alchemy ones). Some interesting things happening but
periodically triggering the iPad sequencer to feed some input into the
delay line … the sounds actually seem to be evolving (either that or
my brain is perceiving it that way — either one works for me). It's
all running over a wireless network connection between iPad and
MacBook; nothing really special there, but it will be fun to start
linking it up through Echoloop and messing about with that, too!

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com