Re: New discovery on EDP!!!

On 6 Aug 2012, at 10:09, andy butler wrote:

> Re: Undo on Echoloop vs EDP
>
> mark francombe wrote:
>
>> Yes of course, but since Loop1V isnt the only difference that short
>> press only undos FROM your foot down, UNTILL the end of loop, wheras
>> Long Press takes away the whole layer? Is there more to it than that?
>
> It's different if you Undo while Overdubbing, because a shortpress still
> takes away the stuff you only just Overdubbed.

I find this fundamental. its what I most use, because usually I notice my
error before it repeats so I do not want to repeat it ever. so I press
Undo just before it would happen again.

> I think it's Shortpress=Whole layer
> Longpress= just back to Loopstart
> (or the other way round)

Short - one entire loop (independent of where loop start is)
Long - back to previous Loopstart (usually further back than short)

> ...beyond that, the EDP is a bit unpredictable once you start Undoing
> repeatedly.
> For instance,  if  you keep on doing shortpresses
> it doesn't allow you to keep the first half the loop and gradually shift
> the second halve back through the history.
>
> I'd guess the Echoloop is a bit tidier in this respect,
> ...but have to ask Matt.

hmm, I tried to be pretty authentic because many got used to this kind of
behavior

but I am always open to suggestions !