Re: cycle divide+midi clock relationship (was: New discovery on EDP!!!)

Great tech thread, Mark! This was one of my biggest challenges back
when I used an EDP as the sync master. Luckily the Repeater, I was
syncing to the EDP MIDI clock output, seemed to hook up with a
division of the tempo when the EDP offered a too fast tempo (as when
you want to go glitchy and start the EDP session at a very short "8th
note"). But drum machine and delays went totally nuts.

Today I use Mobius as the tempo master looper and totally rely on its
global preferences setting for Maximum/Minimum Tempo. That way the
looper will divide or multiply the tempo with two and send out an
appropriate tempo signal within the set tempo range. That is something
I wished for even back in the EDP days. Can't think about a better
solution, really.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com