Newbie EDP Question

Hi Kids,

I just hooked up an EDP (the newer black one, not that it matters, I guess) to the fx loop of an Axe FX II. I managed to get everything connected properly in terms of ins/outs (no small achievement sometimes, in my case), and I also managed to set up an Axe II preset with the FX loop in the signal path and the EDP engaged. Since I know there are some Axe users here, I thought I'd mention that detail just to eliminate the possibility that my Axe was not the source of the problem below.

When I create my first loop, the loop gradually fades with each cycle. After maybe 5 or 6 repetitions, the loop is gone. For the moment, that's not what I want. I want the loop's volume to remain constant-- at the same level at which it was first recorded.

At first I figured this was a simple feedback issue, so I adjusted the front panel feedback knob. But that doesn't seem to be the source of my trouble.

I'm sure there is a very simple explanation, and a simple solution. And, yes, I know one response would simply be "FTMF!". I know...and I will. But the manual is a thick mofo, and I just want to get this thing up and running quickly before I make my way through that whole beast.

Thanks for your time.

Jeff