Re: Octatrack vs Ableton Live quick help

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Sergio G <simpliflying@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4963264/glitchdub_flute_solo.mp3
>> It shows a lot of what I like with Mobius.
> That is really 100% flute? All those sounds?
> :)

Yes. Flute, microphone, laptop with Mobius and the MIDI foot
pedalboard controller. A kind of "Mobius Shredding" ;-)  Starting out
with the looper speedshifted down one octave so the the first
lip-smack loop I record will play back at double speed and one octave
higher in pitch - thus sounding more percussive. Then I make a new
loop on a new track, this time starting out at double speed, and I
layer a fast flute lick through a script that provides a virtual "mute
grid" on 32d notes. When I kick in "speed normal" this super fast
flickery flute lick thingy becomes a bass line. Upon that bass line I
keep doing more Mobius stuff... like the instant-speed-control-pedal
trick on some occasions etc etc.

Per