Re: How about a vibrating watch?

> kay'lon rushing <k3zz21@gmail.com> was all:
>
> I had an idea after realizing sometimes  my looping pieces are too long
> for
> my taste. I put my phone on my keyboard and have it vibrate after a
> certain
> amount of minutes so that I know i should start rapping up the piece
> within
> the next minute or two.

Have you considered practicing listening "from an audience
perspective" to the music you are playing, while you are playing?

That's a good habit to develop because it makes you sensitive to
"overplaying", "forgetting time" and other usual mistakes. A vibrating
watch may be good if you play a short set, like for example 20 minutes
and need to know when you have five minutes left - time to kick off
the last piece or round it up if you are already playing a piece that
will need a few minutes more.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com