Re: Fripp news

These days, it's virtually impossible to make money from recordings unless
you can get 'em licensed for movies or TV or commercials.

I have made about $3500 (gross) this year selling CDs at gigs, and another
$500 or so from download sales via CDBaby, iTunes, and festivalink.net -
and I think that's pretty good. I don't have ready access to the amount of
money I've made from performances, but I think its int he neighborhood of
$30,000 so far this year.

The old model of touring to support album sales, with the retail sales
happening in stores instead of at the gig, are long gone. Nowadays, the
artist sells the CD at the gig. The CD is one of many items sold at the
merch table, and I think a lot of artists make more on t-shirts and
posters and beer cozies than they do on the CDs.