Re: Repetition

I like that Basinski piece, thanks for the nod!

You're right that it may well be called "loop music" because it is
definitely not "looping music" (as in live looping). But both these
names are technical, as they describe the way the music is created in
a technical way (loops repeating). Another interesting way to describe
music is to rather go with the listener's view (like looking at what
the music communicates) and in this context it could be called
"ambient", since this music is just like a room in the way that its
outer borders do not change. The change you might experience is all
taking place inside your own consciousness.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen