Re: OT Variax (with sustainer)

If you like sustainers that much, there is the Sustainiac Model C floor
unit that essentially makes it possible to have a Sustainer on any guitar
you own (as long as it is electric and has a headstock for the clamp-on
transducer).

<http://www.sustainiac.com/model-c.htm>

I have owned Sustainiacs of this variety (actually the earlier Model B)
for years, and although the extra cable can be a nuisence, the things can
be made to work quite well with any guitar and the sustain more dynamic -
like real amp feeback.