Re: Interface recommendations

None of the available convertors have an acceptable latency when the buffer is set to a reasonable size (as is required when playing multiple audio streams and using DSP), so many of them feature "zero latency monitoring" via an analog "dry" path or an direct connection within the convertor. MOTU, Line 6, Tascam and others have this feature.

Hmm, I think a good custom driver makes a difference, and I think
that's why RME interfaces tend to have very low latency. Maybe the
other manufacturers have caught up. I've got to say that my Focusrite
Scarlett 2i2 has excellent latency. The other interfaces I've used in
the past have been more disappointing, but maybe things are a lot
better now.