Re: Mobius in Mainstage Mishaps and Misses

Michael,

Mainstage blocks the computer keyboard keys from being detected by the
Mobius plugin. This is because Mainstage has its won key commands and
it also has a virtual keyboard that is played by the computer keys
when activated. I am a big fan of using key commands with Mobius but
when I moved from Mobius standalone to using it as a plugin in
Mainstage I had to adapt by moving some of my commands to a little
MIDI button pad instead of tapping the computer keys.

I also use Ableton Live as host for Mobius and in this environment the
Mobius key commands work, given the Mobius plugin GUI widow is at
front. This is tricky, you have to remember that if you use the mouse
to adjust a mixier fader in Live Mobius is no more at front (Live is
now) and key commands do not work. So you need to click inside the
Mobius GUI window after having moused around in Live.

When using Bidule as the host for Mobius key commands always work...
for the simple reason that you never need to click or mouse anything
in Bidule, it is just like a routing hub. But if you click inside the
Bidule window Mobius key commands take a vacation until you click in
the Mobius window again.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com