Re: RE: What Looper to use for syncing with other loopers/samplers/computers

On 11/5/12 4:02 AM, Sergio Girardi wrote:
So I was thinking eventually to a looper which I could use to sync it with my Octatrack of with other gears. THe looper should be able to loop while slaved (because the Octatrack must be Master, that's a fact, unfortunately).
Can the LP2 do that? Can it sync well to other devices or daw?
And do I remember well or it can work with batteries?
Because I do not really need another stage looper, I need now a street looper with batteries for when I will play in the streets with my friends...

Hi Sergio,

The LP-2 syncs well do other time based devices (digital delays, modulation effects, panners, etc.). I know because both my brother and myself have been utilizing it a lot in this way.

I still don't have specific knowledge of whether it syncs specifically to an Octatrack or a software based DAW, but I don't see why it wouldn't. It's just spitting and receiving midi clock and robustly, at that.

Regarding batteries, the LP-2 is very hip in that it takes 6 AA batteries which give it an amazing
12 hours of looping time;  vastly more most comparable units.

This not only adds 'street time' but AA batteries are considerably cheaper than 9 volt batteries if purchased in bulk (at least this is true here in the US).

Where are you located, Sergio? I'd love to hear your music and invite you to come perform at next year's live looping festival (the Y2K13 International Live Looping Festival which will be held in Northern California (always the 3rd weekend of October) and several places in Europe, the UK and Asia next summer)