Re: A = 440 Hz OR 432 Hz?

ok fair point... "seems" did it.

Sent from my (advertisement removed)

On 8 Nov 2012, at 10:07, Sergio Girardi <simpliflying@gmail.com> wrote:

You mean that you got fat before stopping or after stopping with 432? :)
BTW you just said that it is a democracy and people can say if they do not agree with a statement, which is right, and I would add that it could be interesting to just say "in my opinion" and say what one thinks, instead of trying to deny what the other thinks.
In this case for example he wrote "I've noticed that 440 SEEMS to", not that 440 IS mind. Personal impression. Undeniable. No universal statement. So, why to even bother�contradicting it?�He noticed, you didn't...
:)

From: markfrancombe@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 07:37:44 +0100
Subject: Re: A = 440 Hz OR 432 Hz?
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

On 8 Nov 2012, at 03:55, Jack Cattedra <the_beat_conductor@hotmail.com> wrote:

every one of our informed opinions counts. :)

Why? discussion on this list is a democracy, therfore one is allowed to hold a counter opinion, if you think someones augument or opinion, informed or not, is flawed its perfectly ok to say so!

It's not like we have to handcuff ourselves to any one way of creating music.

Of course not, you wont find a more experimental group if musicians on the planet!

With further experimentation, I've noticed that 440 Hz seems to bring the music to the mind and 432 seems to bring it more to the heart.

Oh really, you think that music that is 8 cents different will do that? What happens if you play 100 cents out? Oh yeah... a new key... Cant say Ive been feeling those shifts into heart music when I operate My whammy bar.

I think all of this is useful depending on what kind of music you are creating.

Yeah... of course... try stuff out, Why not, and sure... we all know that tunings DO make you Sound different, but to sweepingly say that 440 is mind and 432 is heart is nonsensical, for YOU maybe... on THAT day, with those notes your chose to play.

Me? I stopped tuning to 432 because it made me hungry, and so I got fat!

Mark