Re: Tayler Variaxs vs GR 55

Tank you, Michael, that was interesting. Regarding the tunings, does
the Variax allow micro tonal tunings? Or is it just like the GR-55
doing DADGAD, bariton, drop-D, Nashville toning and all that stuff?

I missed to post the correct name for Rolands new guitar that has the
GR55 circuitry buit-in, it is called "V-Guitar". Info here:
http://www.roland.com/V-Guitar/

Oh, and thanks to M's post I now recall that Luis was specifically
asking concerning fake acoustic sounds - so I'd like to add that the
acoustic guitar sounds of the GR-55 sounds rather bad to me. For a
"quick acoustic cheat sound" on stage I'd rather use a guitar like the
Epiphone Ultra 2 that has an extra Nanomag Shadow mic in the neck
besides the two mandatory humbuckers (and a separate output for the
acoustic mic).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com