Date: Monday, November 19, 2012 9:27:03 am
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
From: "Erwin Van Heuverswyn - Ginkgo" <ginkgo@telenet.be>
Subject: RE: A = 440 Hz OR 432 Hz?

Correct me if wrong, but Eb tuning is just standard EADGBE with every
string lowered by half a tone
As you unquoted me so well: When you tune in DADGAD (Led Zeppelin) or
other open tunings, the intervals across strings change.
If you just transpose every string by the same amount, there is no
significant change in microtuning (intervals) apart from inharmonicity
changes caused by less or more stiffness of the strings (same effect
changing string gauge).

Greetings from Gent (Belgium),

Erwin Van Heuverswyn
Ginkgo Sound-Vision