Re: question re: hardware samplers?

On 12/21/2012 7:31 AM, Scott Hansen wrote:
does anyone (DJs?) still use hardware samplers anymore? or has everything gone to computer software?
i was just curious.
seems like all i ever see anymore in DJ pics is computers w/ a small mixer....but maybe i'm not looking close enough!
Man, you can buy hardware samplers for a song on e-bay these days.
No one is using them.

strange to me, but what the heck.  I haven't used mine in ages either.

A lot of older ones are fantastic machines (especially a lot of the EMUs) but they have
really archaic ways of getting samples in and out of the unit.

Rick