Re: Re : "Delay Looping" for freezing sound bursts pre looper

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Antony Hequet <antony.hequet@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Is the Axe producingbthe delays?

Yes, this is the AxeFx's delay blocks. In the clean sound (red Stick) video the more CPU demanding Tape Delay block, but in the video with the bigger brown Stick I used plain normal digital stereo and pingpon delay blocks in the Axe.

But this is a simple signal routing technique and I've done it with all kinds of delay machines and stomp pedals since around 1980. Last decade I've been mostly doing the same thing inside laptops utilizing delay plugins but it's all the same since the trick is so simple and mostly about routing the signal right and being careful with the sweet-spot for feedback. I guess my "freeze audio" point is around 102 or 103 percent, and then I back off a little top or bottom of the feedback loop to make the frozen cloud climb slowly or sink towards a lower frequency range.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen