Re: OT : OSC for beginners?

Sylvian thanks for the thoughts - just catching up and perhaps this is venturing OT but re the books I have found this one ref'ed excellent.  I am mid-way in it and have been fighting with Xcode to walk the line between C and C++.  Most of the projects in the book are command line level programs.  This particular project is involving the AUGraph and leads you through recording input from whatever the default source is be it mic/line/USB, playback of that, then leads you to being able to mix sources bringing in the synthetic speech and to mix with the recorded source, illustrating the 3 concepts.  He uses a ringbuffer for part of the project and particularly Apple's CARingBuffer which is C++.  All of the other projects have been easy to follow and straightforward but this one more challenging at least for me to wrap around (ch 8).  I have got it to compile but still battling some linking issues which are probably an overlook of a framework but still fishing.

Sorry to wax on I'm sure I'm about to get a 'what the hell has that to do with looo....' apologies.  Know the other book but have not read but plan to.

Thanks again for some clarity of OSC as in mind I'm going 'okay' so i can get there.  In answer to your question of what I'm looking for, for me at least at the present, controlling Mobius to some degree.  I have not expensed for an actual foot controller but have used a 4 function pedal pod to keyboard via USB that Rainer pointed me to couple years back.  For what it is it works for me.  That said I have an iPad and use it a lot for a range of things, some recording some online, testing apps, etc but it seems the perfect touch controller.

Jim