Re: Zoe Keating in NY Times article.@borisfx.com

@Tyler, its us old folks who used to earn a wage from being moderately successful musicians that are moaning about its is now compared to how it used to be. The big difference between then and now is that the companies selling you music (im not talking about torrents or pirate mp3s, thats piracy, and has always been there, remember bootleg tapes?) are paying the artists infinitesimal amounts compared to what they used to. It doesnt make any sense to me that now, there are no manufacturing costs, and all marketing is vis the net, social media etc, there IS no CDs or Vinyl albums to pay for, there are no posters flyers or adverts to design and print, its all online. (I will concede that the big site probably spend millions on site development). An thats it,
As Per says, the shift HAS changed, there no going back to the old days, downloads and streaming are here to stay, you might as well get used to it... BUT, and its a fucking HUGE BUTT...
THERE NO REASON MUSICIANS SHOULD STAND UP FOR THIER RIGHTS!!!

The record companies before, at least came from a standpoint of loving music, now the music business is being strangled by the distributors (Apple, Spotify etc) Its of course ther own fault for not jumping in quick and building their own online music services, and spent too much time stamping on Napster instead... Now the CEO of Napster is a Board member of Spotify and hes considered a legit businessman... Go figure!

That is all..

Mark