Re: Looking to purchase used Mac for software development

Chris for using the more recent Xcode assuming you're going to work in
that for either OS X or iOS code, you're going to need a 64bit mac.  I
recently had to upg for that reason.  I got a really clean late 2009
early 2010 MBP 15inch with 8gig ram for 600 on ebay.  I was finding I
needed to spend btw 4 and 6.  Below that you will prob run in to hw
probs to fix.  I had been using a first gen MBP 17 inch which has been
great and still is for my music needs I just hit a wall with the
directions I'm going in dev.  Glad you are crossing over a bit :)

Jim

--
Sent from my mobile device

--
*jimgoodin.com* <http://jimgoodin.com> - 'Acoustic guitar renaissance,
color blue, repetitive minimalism'

*The Recordings of Wood and Wire
Music*<http://woodandwiremusic.bandcamp.com> -
'Organically inspired New Music'

*From Brooklyn To Glindran <http://jimgoodinpeterthorn.bandcamp.com>*, a
new World/Free Jazz recording by Jim Goodin & Peter Thörn.  Proceeds from
this CD will benefit *JDRF International <http://jdrf.org>*

*Tips Across the
Waters<http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tips-across-the-waters/id474128076?mt=8>
*, a new app for iOS from James Goodin/Wood and Wire Ware.