Re: New user of Ableton seeks help using it to replace loop pedals

After watching the video, my advise to her would be to absolutely do exactly what shes doing right now... its working real good.
Who needs multiple tracks, feedback, insert, halfspeed, varispeed, multiply, divide, 16th note quantise substitute, when you got Overdub and some motherfucking soul baby!

Goosebumps here in Norway, and the snows all but gone... must be sommat else!

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> Per Boysen wrote:
>
>> I watched the linked video and can only say "go ahead and do it". She
>> doesn't seem to be doing anything with the looping pedals that
>> wouldn't be a piece of cake for Live.
>

> Does Live let you tap in the first loop length nowadays?

Live doesn't do that but a looper plugin does! I have tested Mobius in
Live and it works well; you set up Mobius for your preferred allowed
tempo range ("Max/Min Tempo") and to send MIDI Clock tempo data to
Live. With this system you can just kick in a first loop of any
length, from just a second up to several minutes and have Live +
effects follow the tempo automatically calculated. No matter the
length of the first loop you crate this way, Live will always hook up
at a tempo according to Mobius set "Max/Min Tempo".

Another option is to use Live's own looper plugin Looper. If you stay
with loops of just a handful of bars length, like this artist does
according to her demo video, this is very easy. You can decide if you
want Looper to follow Live's pre set tempo or if Looper shall analyze
the recorded first loop's tempo and implement that for the host - in
that case you need to pre set the number of bars for the first loop to
be recorded. . This Looper plugin doesn't stack up several alternate
loops though. You may run several instances of Looper but need to be
careful to only set one of them (or none) to act as the temp master.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen