Re: live voice looping and beyond

I want to like this more than I actually do- I'm familiar with some of the tools he uses, and at some point it's fairly disingenuous to say 'it's all my voice'. It might start that way, but using something akin to granular synthesis effectively means it's the software doing the work, not your voice. At last year's SC Looping festival, I saw someone use a simple Loop station to make music with just her voice; with only a few layers, and it was always recognizable as 'her voice'-- a much more effective demonstration of 'what's possible with the voice'.

I'm no purist-- I think whatever tools you use to make music are the right tools, provided what you do moves someone (and since this was a demo, there wasn't a lot of that going on); I just think this cat isn't particularly honest about what he does.