Re: Taking the plunge

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
wrote:
> I am open to Mainstage, but does that mean I would also have to use
> Logic as well?

Oh no! Mainstage 3 is 35 bucks on Appstore. It contains all the
plugins and instruments of Logics but focuses rather on live playing
(than on recording production). Like a virtual effect rack with a
global tempo reference option.

Starting with Mobius standalone is a good strategy. Focus on a few
powerful features that you can get fluent with. Thanks to the
scripting option almost anything is possible so you really should
relate to your music rather than the tech when setting up your control
pedals etc. A simple example is to give alternative functions to the
Record button by scripting "IF" stuff. My Record button performs
"Record, Reverse" if Mobius initially is in Reverse Mode and in case
("IF") any speed/transpose other than zero my Record Button brings the
loop back to zero speed by the second press (when setting the loop
point). Opens up for starting a session in many ways.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen