12step or softstep

Hi all,

First off, hello! Been following this for a while now just watching the conversations. I was recommended to by Todd Reynolds as I am on the path to using my computer in a live situation to loop and improvise with solo violin.

I travel a lot so I have been looking at the Keith McMillen controllers due to their size. Friends have recommended them too. But I am wondering which to get? I am looking to use it to navigate ableton/mobius and also trigger sounds/clips. I would like to be able to record what I am playing and then turn on and off effects whilst also playing. I do like the idea of note playability from the 12 step though as well.

Any light you are able to shine on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

--
www.simonralphgoff.com