Re: Footswitch for Memory Man with Hazarai?

This situation calls for robots!

Lindsey

On Nov 1, 2013 11:51 AM, "Matthias Grob" <matilists@gmail.com> wrote:

On 1.Nov2013, at 3:26 PM, Rainer Straschill <moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:

2013/11/1 Matthias Grob <matilists@gmail.com>
to make it a toggeling switch should be possible but needs investigation and probably is not possible passive, which means that you also have to extract supply from the box or build a little pcb into the box…

Perhaps I don't understand the point here, but why wouldn't it be possible to turn it into a toggling switch?

oh, I did not mean that its not possible! I said it should be possible.

The switch is obviously momentary, and if you hold it, it does record/overdub as long as you hold it, so replacing the switch with a latching one should make record/overdub latching,  or am I missing something?

ok, your solution is to replace the switch, I thought of a way to transform it electrically

(fyi: the reason it's made that way is that the same switch is also used for tap tempo, meaning short press = tap, long press = record/overdub (sus)).

here you have it. how are you going to do those functions? so the solution is to ADD a toggling switch parallel?