Re: EBow - active/passive humbuckers

Hi Per,

as Jeff said if a pickup is too close to the strings the magnet of the pickup it will attract the string, and probably if will be more difficult for the Ebow to work fine. But this is only for the single coil pickups, even when you don´t use the Ebow, you must take care not to setup the single coil pickup  too close to the strings. It is a known problem of the single coil pickups, it can even give you "ghost notes" an buzzes if it´s too close. Normally 2mm is enough (it depens on each case) but try not to set it less than 1.5mm of the strings or you will have intonation problems and buzzes for sure.
For the humbucking pickups you don´t have to worry at all.
I hope I´ve helped you.

Cheers!
Ruben