De : Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net>
Objet : Rép : EBow - active/passive humbuckers
Date : 6 novembre 2013 00:07:05 HNEC

The pickups on the guitar have no effect on an ebow's operation,
once you understand how an ebow works you'll see why that is.
Inside an ebow there is a small coil of wire with a magnetic core and
a permanent magnet, in other words a single string pickup, which is
connected to a small amplifier which drives a second coil. The
principal is electromagnetic feedback.  This first coil picks up the
vibration of the string, amplifies it and the second coil creates and
electromagnetic field that excites the string.    The amplifier is
driven into clipping, and this clipping is clearly audible if you
position the driver coil over your guitar's pickup.   The pickup on
the guitar has no influence on the efficiency of the ebow circuit,
and  in fact it will even work on acoustic instruments, provided that
the strings are steel or nickel or any other magnetic material.

-Chuck Zwicky