Re: Rép : EBow - active/passive humbuckers

Per Boysen wrote:
On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
Of course the ebow still vibrates the string whether there's pickups or
not,
the difference is whether you get to control that ebow overdrive sound.

Oh, THAT sound is way too loud for my amp. But I have explored it with
volume knob/pedal reducing gain, and it sounds cool in a certain way -
but very hard to control since the level is so high and the margins
for control so small.

Volume depends on the position of the ebow relative to the p/u.
too loud>>>>move it away, either along the string, or lift it away.

Sure, if you don't control it well it gets far to loud compared
to the regular string sound.

It's not an easy technique, ...but I like it because I get
an infinite sustained tone with very sensitive control of it's dynamic.
( not otherwise possible on guitar)

andy