De: "Jean-Paul De Roover" <j.de.roover@gmail.com>
À: "loopers-delight" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Envoyé: Samedi 23 Novembre 2013 04:38:17
Objet: Video mixing using MIDI

Hey everyone,

Does anyone here have any experience or know of any ideas on how to mix
video content in a live setting using a MIDI controller? Here's my vision:

As a live loop artist ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdZRqF2taZI ), I've
always wanted to have cameras (GoPro or otherwise) attached to me/my
guitar/my other gear so that people in the audience could see what I'm
manipulating from my vantage point. I was hoping to have a minimum of 3
cameras running, attached to a projector that would then display those
different angles to the audience.

What I'd like to do is be able to control which camera angle is 'selected'
on screen, preferably with my feet. It'd be great if I could manipulate
other audio hardware devices too using the same MIDI signal, so that I
could essentially trigger something like playback of a certain layer while
simultaneously switching the camera from angle 1 to 3.

Take this idea one further, and incorporate some basic lights into the
mix.

So, any ideas for something that could be used to switch between cameras
for live video projection? My preference is for hardware since I don't
trust laptops. Not particularly interested in effects and/or other visual
manipulations either, but wouldn't turn them down! Thanks!

--
Jean-Paul De Roover
www.jeanpaulderoover.com