Re: Strange EDP SusSub thingy

On 24/11/2013 13:29, mark francombe wrote:

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk
<mailto:akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>> wrote:

    If you're using Quant what you're getting *is* the expected behaviour.

    If the Sub is still waiting to start the Note-Off is ignored,
    unless your doing it via InsertMode.

    Unfortunately it's something that didn't get fixed in Loop4.

So what are you saying?

So you are Quantised?
Assuming so, then what you report is what happens with every Loop4 EDP.
One of the last bug fixes to go in was that if you were Quantised
and stepped quickly on SUSSub the Sub wouldn't end.
If you help down the switch long enough for the Sub to start it worked as
expected.

So the "special fix" for this was that well known behaviour
where a single chunk gets replaced.

BUT that fix was only implemented on the InsertModes.

So yes, you just have to change presets if you want to also
use SUSInsert with Quant.

That on the Gordius I SHOULD NOT have a note off on that function? I'll
certainly try that, as Per suggested it too.
I don't quite understand why you are saying that this IS the expected
behavior?

yeah, it's a bug really.

Didn't get fixed in the rush to release.

(Altho.. i must say that it sounds likely as there may be a difference if
I do a LONG press of that switch compared to a quickie tap... not sure
what exactly tho)

exactly

As for the pedal input thing. Nope Im not using any pedals and have never
configured them, so unless there is some kind of preconfigured setting, or
Ive done something accidentally?  ut it doesnt happen on restart of the
Gordius, just a restart of the EDP. But Ill check...

If it happens when th EDP is isolated from

Don't think fbk is saved in the preset.

huh really? I honestly thought it was!!!

well, if it worked for you then i guess you must be right :-)

First, the workaround is RecordMode=SAF.

Cant remember what that is... I of course just use loop of course...

RecordMode is a different setting
TOG
SUS
SAF

where SAF just sets fbk to 100% for you on record.

ie   safe from disappearing loops when you start a new piece

Got to check this tonight... right now Im gonna take the kid down to the beach,
where we can see (and hear) "Telenor Arena" on the other side of the
fjord... From there I will be able to say.. listen to that music from across the
water? Its a band called BLACK SABBATH doing their soundcheck. And one day my son...
you will remember this day..
HEH HEH

probably the best sound from there :-)

andy