] [Thread Prev
Re: Mobius UI Hard Crashing Party
Maybe you have not been repairing file permissions regularly?
Recommended procedure every time anything has been installed on a Mac.
Greetings from Sweden
On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Philip Clevenger
> Hey Mobius people - and maybe Jeff?
> Last night I found myself in a nasty crash cycle with Mobius VST and
> that was literally three hours of hair-pulling nightmare.
> It began when Ableton crashed hard due to what I think was a failure of
> MOTU Traveler’s MIDI system. Bah. Need to upgrade that thing anyway.
> After that - When I relaunched Ableton, Mobius’ interface was just gone.
> got the Mobius window, with some installed buttons, but all else was
> Trying to reconfigure the UI from scratch was brittle and nasty - each
> I added something to the UI and exited the dialog, Mobius would crash and
> take Ableton down with it. This happened again and again, though each
> time I
> relaunched, Mobius would seem to retain my changes - so I made some
> in fits and starts this way… until I came to the specifics of the
> UI - the Loop Window item was simply not there! I knew it was there
> because I am a heavy user, have many switches pointing to it, and was
> placing it onscreen minutes before. Further, I tried to access the
> config dialog to check for the Windowing item (it was there!) and when
> exiting that, I got another crash. Then after relaunching, when I open
> Mobius, all my hard-won progress was blown away again. Just gone.
> Next I did a series of clean reinstalls and experienced more of the same
> behaviors. Many times during all of this, Ableton would crash at relaunch
> Then - I started working with the standalone - and found the Windowing
> option was indeed present there… and that sometimes, changes I made in
> standalone would propagate back to the VST. Though, not predictably, and
> always. And I found the standalone to be crashy as hell too.
> SOMEHOW… over time… the missing Windowing feature *reappeared* in the
> and somehow over time, the VST UI update behavior became less brittle,
> somehow over time, I think I have arrived back at fully configured UI
> and no
> more need to change it and no more crashy behavior.
> But given the extremity of the situation, I’d like to understand what
> actually happened… and given that it seems to have been massaged back
> place, I wonder if there is some Special Knowledge I might be lacking
> might have either enabled me to avoid the problem altogether or to more
> rapidly, efficiently, and purposefully, resolve it.
> Phil :)