releasing music for licensing

I know Per Boysen talked about this before, but this is a question about
licensing. You know those organizations where you
can submit music for use by Tv and movie producers? I believe Per Boysen
and many other
Swedish composers use amgscandinavia.com for this. Since I am a U.S.
composer, I'd
prefer the music department of Getty Images. I believe the music
department of Getty
Images used to be Pump Audio. I believe it's musicportal.gettyimages.com.
Is the use of this organization a good idea? Is licensing a good idea for
up-and-coming instrumental
somewhat-classical musicians who can electronically produce almost every
regular instrument sounds and
some odd ones, and mix them together to sound orchestral? You know,
writing music for the songfight.org
competition every so often will get me publicity, but not money. Getting
on Getty Images Music
Portal could be something. Another important question; is it okay to
submit music for licensing AND
submit the same music to the record company I've been chatting with? As
in, submit it for licensing
as well as releasing it as an album through the record label? Or is that
the label's and/or the
licensing company's choice, whether I can use them both?
Tyler Z