Re: Mobius technique question

The difference between StartPoint and Slip is that StartPoint makes a permanent change to the loop that you can only undo with Undo.

Slip and the related script function Move simply change the playback position of the loop temporarily but they do not modify the loop in any way.   To get the loop playing back from the original start point, use Retrigger or Realign if you are syncing.

From: Kevin Cheli-Colando <billowhead@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 1:21 PM
To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Re: Mobius technique question

Thanks Per,

Looking at the Startpoint info it seems like that could work.  Do you know if there is a way to reset it to the original location after one has shuffled things around (other than Undo I suppose).  Also, would you recommend this over the Slip function and if so, why?  I'm just asking as I'm sure I'll try both to see how it feels.  I'm just worried that using startpoint I'm likely to get things far away from where I'd like them to be (or maybe not).

Kevin