Re: what is the state of things with pedals these days?

For a multi-track looper, the Boomerang 3 is pretty small but not really small. Throw in the Sidecar and it ceases to be small.

I've worked out my desired control behavior for 2, 3, and 4 button loopers — basically an effort in packing as much functionality as possible onto a small number of controls — but I don't know of any pedals that meet the specs.

Some questions you should answer because it may narrow things down: Mono or stereo? Single loop or multiple loops? If multiple, parallel or serial?

Mark