RE: Hitchhiker's guide to looping etc

Very interesting!  Thanks for sharing - watched the whole thing and I learned stuff!

Rejyna

From: takas20@hotmail.com
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Hitchhiker's guide to looping etc
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 09:54:19 +0000

How about this - Paddy Kingsland, the guy that did the music for "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and numerous Dr Whos sitting in the BBC Radiphonic Workshop showing how to do Frippertronics in 1979 in a school science film. "Armed with a tape-recorder or two, the creative soloist can turn himself into an orchestra". That's you, Michael.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=919RleFXcNM#t=263

(Watch, please, it's only 1 minute in the middle, and the URL is keyed to the starting point)

I wonder how many loopers the thing made out of impressionable young minds

Interesting film also as it shows for the kiddies how musique concrete worked.

I wonder how much of what I heard on radio and tv from BBC (basically in Australia in the 1970s tv and radio was ABC (govt) or dreck in the 1970s) was looped? I know the Doctor Theme tune was loops once.