Re: Laptop latency & tight funk/groove timing

Thanks guys: direct monitoring sounds like the way to go.  I had fancied using software amp emulation for the guitar tones in order to keep the rig size down, but if I can't stomach dry signals in my ear all night, a hardware unit (axe-fx, kemper, or something cheaper) may be the solution for that part of things.

On Wednesday, December 3, 2014, Amanda Chaudhary <amanda@ptank.com> wrote:
Probably want direct (hardware) monitoring and latency comp on the recording side - and make sure software monitoring is off.   I use the iPad a lot for performance but not much for looping so not sure which apps do a good job of that.
-Amanda