Re: OT: Digital tape delay with hold and modulation

Ivodne, thanx for the hints.

Both the timeline as well as the el capstan seem to lack a dedicated hold
button, though.
What makes the DDG-1 so special is, that it's originally a DJ unit. RCA
jacks, table unit and all.
It's hold freezes the max 1024 sec delay and allows it to be pitched just
like a tape, obviously using a simple variable pitch rate control (0.5x -
2x).
This gives me a range of two octaves, which i can use to play melodies
just with the dial on the speed of the delay buffer. Awesome.
Using the hold switch on/off in a fast manner inserts bits of original
audio into the delay buffer aswell, which i use to create unforseeable
surprises during improvisation. I seem to function better as a musician,
when surprised of what i hear.

By now i didn't find another unit like this.

Here's what i just wrote to Strymon about wnated features in one unit

- behaves like a tape upon delay time change (so basically
pitching/speeding accordingly)
- has delay time modulation with depth and freq/time (0.05 - 20 Hz),
capable of extreme settings - in tape mode
- has a hold button / this takes original signal to bypass delay circuit,
while delay buffer loops indefinately.
Buffer behaves again like tape, when modulated or delay time is changed
manually.
- delay is digital

Anybody else on this? Thanx much!

jayrope