Re: Triple play again

Ah the GR300…... that was my first guitar synth, pre midi, tracked well. I had the GR 202 strat style guitar in white that i proceeded to modify with a center single coil pickup  a Kahler locking tremolo (My Belew wanna be faze)and later a Korean made Hohner graphite neck I bought at the NAMM show. I must say that graphite neck took care of many of the "yodeling" issues and rogue note issues that plague guitar synths, i think graphite gives a more pure note fundamental and more sustain and thus the synth engine reacts better. Mind you I have nothing to back up this claim than my own experience. I moved on to the GM-70, remember those? The first guitar to midi rack mount product,. Though the GM-70 had no sounds it was a great midi router patch bay to control other synth engines.  From that point on the tracking got a bit slower due to the introduction of midi and the associated lag time. returning to a GR-1 and later a Gr30 seemed to  trigger better with internal sounds but the midi protocol never seemed to get much faster, I found the internal program-able arpeggiator on the GR30 useful for synth and percussive instrument triggering at tempos that I could never play in real time without glitching, but Roland abandoned it as they moved forward. ive been intrigued for a while by the triple play as I never lost the desire to play lush long envelope sounds and pads that weren't meant to be triggered quickly.. Im also intrigued but the triple play's notation software and if anyone has really explored that at all??
 Bill