Re: Mobius Question

This is an old bug found with a few “instant” functions that do something to the loop and immediately push a layer for undo.  Shuffle is one, I’ve seen it more often with Replace and Substitute.  It isn’t related to the number of undo levels, it happens when you use one of these functions a relatively large number of times before the loop is allowed to play all the way to the end.  For example, if you shuffle 15 times, then let the loop start over, then shuffle the 16th time, you shouldn’t see a crash.

I’ve seen this more often with Replace because that is something you might want to use more than 16 times in a long loop.  I’ve not heard this reported with Shuffle before, probably because it tends not to be used rapidly.  You usually wait a loop to hear what it did before using it again.  It cannot be fixed with scripting, though you could add logic to the script that prevents you from reaching the limit accidentally.

Jeff

From: Kevin Cheli-Colando
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 9:45 PM
To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com"
Subject: Mobius Question

I know I should probably go to to the forum but I can't remember my login so I'll take a shot here.  I'm running Mobius in Live and a shuffle scrip "shuffle 8 u" and it crashes Live pretty consistently.

I can crash it quickly with rapid presses or it will crash after 16 presses no matter the frequency.

I'm using a FCB midi controller sending note on/off and it does send a random portamento CC after the second press (I've tried to tame teh FCB but no luck).  Tried different notes and it still crashed after 16 presses.

Also, I have Mobius set at 50 levels of undo?

Any clues on how to fix this or what might be causing it?

Thanks,

Kevin

--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)