Re: Foot Controllers.

Thanks Todd. good to know!

On Dec 7, 2015 9:51 AM, "todd reynolds" <toddreyn@gmail.com> wrote:
I certainly can't say enough about the SoftStep.  I control everything with it, including continuous controller information.  and it costs me nothin in weight.  at $300 or less, it's a bargain.  and it's silent.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Josh Elliott <jrelliott500@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for confirming. Its better to spend a little more up front for the piece if mind.

On Dec 7, 2015 9:42 AM, "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Josh Elliott <jrelliott500@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the FCB1010 really the nightmare to set up that people say?

Yes, but you can cut down the nightmare by knowing this:

The FCB comes pre programmed for some of Behringer's guitar amps. This
means each switch sends a handful different MIDI events. You might not
realise that when doing a MIDI Learn session for some target device,
to control, because the device will nicely hook itself up to the first
MIDI event that arrives at its MIDI in port. Now, next time you step
that switch - or maybe third time... who know - a different MIDI event
than the assigned may be the first one to arrive and nothing or
something completely different happens! So, first thing to do after
unboxing is to empty the memory and program each switch with only one
event; I suggest MIDI notes, starting from the lowest C (note number
0).

All FCB's I have owned - three in total - have leaked out reandom MIDI
events that I did not program them to send. This happens now and then,
even when not stepping on a switch. On a bad night some random MIDI
spitted by that little bastard happens to be assigned to something in
your rig and your gig will take a surprising turn. I've received
reports of this "MIDI leaking" form other uses as well.

Each one of my three FCB's lasted for exactly three years before the
first switch broke down. Not the physical switch but something inside
stopped working. After nine years on three FCB's I realised the real
cost for using crappy gear; it had already costed me more than a
Gordius, so when the third FCB broke down I bought a Gordius to save
money in the longer run.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com