Re: Foot Controllers.

On the softstep issue - I'm probably one of the folk who dissed the Mk 1 in a big way - justifiably maybe. But, having got a Mk 2 as well, I'm still using the Mk1!

The newer software is better (works for both), but I don't use it!

The Mk 2 for me was way too sensitive, but it didn't hum like the Mk 1 (unless you turn the backlighting off as I do).

Having said all that, if you're looking for a conventional (-ish) looping/MIDI control set-up, the SS is so lightweight, portable & versatile (though a steep learning curve), it's very tempting. I've kinda stuck with it 'cos I've learned a lot about it, I've built my own editor in Bidule, & I've configured it to provide 44 (and more) individual controls, as opposed to the 11 apparent default configurations. But it's fiddly to use this way, so I wouldn't recommend following my path!

It's silent in operation, and it's cheaper than the Gordius. But I haven't used a Gordius, & I have a lot of respect for the Gordius users out there. Neither have I used the twelve step - but it's obviously a more note-based approach.

FWIW
Dave