Fwd: Re: Re: Foot Controllers.

sorry - used wrong email addy; hope this works

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Re: Foot Controllers.
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 14:25:23 +0000
From: DaveDraper <dave.draper@zen.co.uk>
To: andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>, Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

On 08/12/2015 18:46, andy butler wrote:

On 07/12/2015 19:17, Sylvain Poitras wrote:

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
Don't know if the Mcmillen gear has such features as options for
"longpress function doesn't happen until you release the switch",
which is kind of a deal if you want to set up your most efficient

I don't believe the KMI controllers will let you do this specific trick, but I haven't kept up on the firmware updates.

I can see how important these options would be for controlling hardware, but for computers, if you need something like this, you can easily make it happen in Bidule, PD, Max or whatever.

really?
I think it would be quite complex in Bidule.
You'd have to first create some kind of timer component.

...or you did it already?

Well I managed to do it in bidule - not easy I admit, because I redid the whole editor thing, but basically using an accumulator, if the count goes over the max set in the accumulator, the rollover trigger sends out a different CC which does something else!

If anyone's into bidule (and softstep) there's a version (probably not my latest) of the controller on the forums somewhere - oh it's at http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5733&p=33679&hilit=softstep+controller#p33679  and looks like it's way out of date! I'll post an update soon, but I think the functionality is pretty much all there for you to mess around with if you've got a couple of weeks .....:(

Dave!